New Media Intern
Do you love to write? Spend a little too much time on Facebook? Have a knack for marketing, PR and digital media? Take too many pictures? Keep up with the latest things to do in Charlottesville? You should be our New Media Intern.
The Charlottesville Albemarle Visitors Bureau is designed to create interest and stimulate travel to our area and now we're looking for a rockstar intern to create, develop and help manage our new media marketing and outreach efforts. You will be tweeting, responding to Facebook comments, filming via flipcam, and taking photographs along with writing and reporting on all the things that make Charlottesville one of the top destinations in the world. This might be the best internship in the country. We might be a little biased.
- Assist in social media campaigns (Write tweets, post, like, fan and friend on Facebook, pin on Pinterest, discover and embed only the most authentic Cville-centric Youtube videos)
- Write copy for visitcharlottesville.org (produce descriptions for new restaurants and events-yes, you'll be "working" by trying new restaurants and listening to the latest local band play at The Southern)
- Produce video for website (use flipcam to film events and interview important community members)
- Take scenic and breathtaking photographs of Charlottesville-Albemarle for use on visitcharlottesville.org
- Ensure website is accurate and current (nobody likes showing up to a place that's gone out of business)
- Brainstorm and share ideas about new media campaigns
- Generate enthusiasm and excitement towards visiting Charlottesville and Albemarle County a.k.a. East Coast Wine Country
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with social networking
- Comfort with technology, learning new software, equipment and online tools
- A willingness to explore Charlottesville
Think you have enough energy? If so, please send your resume and a cover letter along with any other materials that show you're a fit for the internship to email@example.com. Keep in mind; our inboxes only receive emails less than 5MB!
Internship is unpaid and can be used for credit, but we promise you'll leave with a lot of extra perks that will launch your career in media to the next level. We will work with you to determine the length of internship and the time commitment per week. In other words, we're flexible. Our offices are located on the 2nd floor of the Downtown Transit Center across from the Charlottesville Pavilion. We are directly on the Free Trolley bus line that serves UVA. Use of a car would be helpful but is not required. We're looking forward to hearing from you!