Graphic Design & Video Production Intern
Are you a creative genius with a knack for graphic design? Do you love to edit, create, and produce visually stunning and creative video content? Do you also have a love for the Charlottesville area? If so, you strongly should consider becoming our newest graphic design & video production intern!
The Charlottesville Albemarle Convention & Visitors Bureau works to create interest and stimulate travel to Charlottesville & Albemarle County and now we are looking for a graphic designer and video production guru to help take our marketing efforts to new heights! This is a brand new position, so you will have the freedom and flexibility to mold and create the graphic design & video production internship experience that best fits your interest and skill sets. In this role, you will be assisting the marketing team with graphic design projects and by helping to create compelling videos that will make potential tourists flock to the Charlottesville area! This is an outstanding opportunity to work in a fun, relaxed office environment, surrounded by a team of marketing superheroes. Plus, you’ll be out of the office shooting videos and taking pictures of our beautiful area for “work.” What could be better?
- Assist in graphic design projects that will be featured on our thriving social media channels, website, and in various forms of marketing collateral such as brochures, visitor guides, maps, etc.
- Produce and edit video content to be used on social media and our website.
- Take scenic and breathtaking photographs of Charlottesville & Albemarle County for use on social media and our website.
- Brainstorm and share new ideas about ways to implement and leverage a creative video strategy for the CACVB.
- Generate enthusiasm and excitement toward visiting Charlottesville and Albemarle County a.k.a. East Coast Wine Country & Foodie Paradise.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Graphic design experience
- Knowledge of video production, including filming and editing processes
- Savvy with various forms of social media
- Familiar with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Familiar with video editing software
- A willingness to explore Charlottesville
- Being a team player is a must!
Think you have enough energy and creativity? If so, please send your resume and a cover letter along with any other graphic design projects or videos you’ve created that show you're a fit for the internship to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. For large attachments greater than 5MB, please send a Dropbox link.
This internship is unpaid and can be used for credit. We promise you'll leave with a ton of extra perks and experiences that will help to launch your career to the next level. Plus, you will have the unique experience of getting to mold and shape this particular position, since you will be the first one to hold this position! We will work with you to determine the length of internship and the time commitment per week. In other words, we're extremely flexible. Our offices are located on the Downtown Mall (awesome) on the 2nd floor of the Downtown Transit Center across from the Charlottesville Pavilion. We are directly on the Free Trolley bus line that serves UVA. Use of a car would be helpful but is not required. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
- Staff Directory
- Submit An Event
- Partner Login
- Register Your Business
- Directions and Maps
- Request Information
- Bulk Material Request
- Visitor Centers
- Moving to Charlottesville?
- Cville on Social Media
- Subscribe to E-News