Do you love to write? Spend a little too much time on Facebook? Have a knack for marketing, PR and digital media? Take too many pictures? Keep up with the latest things to do in Charlottesville? You should be our Marketing Intern.
The Charlottesville Albemarle Visitors Bureau is designed to create interest and stimulate travel to our area and now we're looking for a rockstar marketing intern to create, develop and help manage our new media marketing and outreach efforts. You will be tweeting, posting on Instagram, producing video content, and taking photographs along with writing about all the things that make Charlottesville one of the top destinations in the world. This might be the best internship in the country. We might be a little biased.
- Assist in social media campaigns (Write tweets, post on Instagram, pin on Pinterest, etc.)
- Write copy for visitcharlottesville.org.
- Write compelling and engaging blog posts for visitcharlottesville.org.
- Produce video content for our social media channels.
- Take scenic and breathtaking photographs of Charlottesville & Albemarle County for use on visitcharlottesville.org and social media.
- Ensure website is accurate and current (nobody likes showing up to a place that's gone out of business).
- Brainstorm and share ideas about social media campaigns/social media strategies.
- Generate enthusiasm and excitement towards visiting Charlottesville and Albemarle County a.k.a. East Coast Wine Country and Foodie Paradise.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong writing skills and copy editing skills
- Experience with various forms of social media
- Comfort with technology, learning new software, equipment and online tools
- A willingness to explore Charlottesville and the surrounding area
Think you have enough energy? If so, please send your resume and a cover letter along with any other materials that show you're a fit for the internship to email@example.com. Keep in mind that our inboxes only receive emails less than 5MB!
This internship is unpaid and can be used for credit, but we promise you'll leave with a lot of extra perks that will launch your career to the next level. We will work with you to determine the length of internship and the time commitment per week. In other words, we're extremely flexible. Our offices are located on the 2nd floor of the Downtown Transit Center across from the Charlottesville Pavilion. We are directly on the Free Trolley bus line that serves UVA. Use of a car would be helpful but is not required. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
- Staff Directory
- Submit An Event
- Partner Login
- Register Your Business
- Directions and Maps
- Request Information
- Bulk Material Request
- Visitor Centers
- Moving to Charlottesville?
- Cville on Social Media
- Subscribe to E-News