Free Guided Tour with Museum Docent
- Dates: July 6, 2019 - July 27, 2019
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Saturday
- Location: Kluge Ruhe Aboriginal Art Museum
- Address: 400 Worrell Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22911
- Phone: (434) 244-0234
- Time: 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM
- Price: Free
- Website: Click to Visit Free Guided Tour with Museum Docent
Join us for a free, guided tour of our current exhibitions with Museum Docent.
ABOUT OUR SATURDAY TOURS
• While drawing on traditions that are hundreds and thousands of years old, Indigenous Australian art is contemporary, and exhibitions usually include a diversity of artworks, from paintings on bark and canvas to sculpture and films.
• Tours are typically led by knowledgeable docents, but are sometimes given by Indigenous Australian artists! On the first Saturday of each month a staff member leads the tour, which sometimes includes a behind-the-scenes expedition into the museum’s art storage space.
• Tours typically last between 30 and 45 minutes, and are free and open to the public. Reservations are not needed.
• Have kids? A scavenger hunt is always available, as is an interactive activity suitable for ages 3 – 100.
• Want to make it an outing? Pair the tour with a walk on the beautiful trails nearby and finish with lunch at a restaurant nearby.
The Kluge-Ruhe Aboriginal Art Collection of the University of Virginia is the only museum in the United States dedicated to the exhibition and study of Australian Aboriginal Art. Working with living artists, international scholars and arts professionals, we provide a wide range of learning experiences to the University community and the public... more