- Dates: April 30, 2016 - October 30, 2016
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Saturday
- Address: 10120 Hatton Ferry Road, Scottsville, VA 24590
- Phone: 434-296-1492
- Time: Saturdays 9 am - 5 pm and Sundays noon - 5pm
- Price: $5 per person and $10 per vehicle
- Website: Click to Visit Hatton Ferry
Hatton Ferry has been named one of the Top 15 for '15 Historic Sites for History Buffs! Join us for our 2016 season and see why! The Hatton Ferry is located outside Scottsville and runs on Saturday 9-5 and Sunday Noon-5 from mid-April through the end of October. Visitors may ride the ferry across the James River, if water levels permit, $5 per person and $10 per vehicle. A ride on the ferry is an unique opportunity to experience times past; ferries have served Albemarle and Buckingham Counties since the mid-eighteenth century, and provided a means by which European settlers could communicate with other settlers and establish commercial ventures. Visitors may ride the ferry across the James River, if water levels permit, $5 per person and $10 per vehicle. Visit the Hatton Ferry Facebook page, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the Albemarle Charlottesville Historical Society (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) at 434.296.1492 to make sure the ferry is in service.