The Western Wine Region Tour
400 East Water St., Charlottesville, VA 22902
- Presented By: Monticello Wine Tour & Coach Co.
- Dates: September 20, 2019 - November 24, 2019
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Friday
- Location: Monticello Wine Tour and Coach Co
- Time: 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Price: $64.50 per guest
From Charlottesville Downtown to The Western Wine Region!
It’s as much about the scenery as it is for the wine. This three-winery tour begins in historic downtown Charlottesville at 11am, as we head to the western frontier of the Monticello Wine Trail. A few of the things we love about this tour is that not only are we visiting a region known for its wines, the views of the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains are incredible. You may never want to leave.
1) King Family Vineyard: Our first vineyard will be Crozet’s King Family Vineyards, known for its Crosé Rosé and award-winning red wines. Sit by the fire and enjoy amazing views of the mountains.
2) Valley Road Vineyards: We will then head to the bottom of famous Route 151 and visit Valley Road Vineyards. At VRV, you can try a Governor’s Cup medal-winning Viognier or Meritage, or sample all of their spectacular wines with a classic tasting in their rustic and welcoming tasting room.
3) Veritas Vineyard & Winery: Our final stop is Veritas Vineyards & Winery, a 50-acre vineyard founded by a neurologist and nurse who, having raised their family, decided to pursue a more viniferous passion. Veritas is not only known in the region for their wines, but also their amazing Farmhouse Dinners. Drink in the rolling property until the sun begins to set.
Departs at 11:00 AM from behind Old Metropolitan Hall on the Downtown Mall. $64.50 – per person – Does not include tasting fees.
Available Fridays and Saturdays from December through March; available Fridays and Sundays from April through November.
MWTCC reserves the right to substitute venues based on winery scheduling and availability.