First Colony Winery
First Colony Winery is nestled in beautiful Albemarle County, the heart of Virginia wine country. Owners David Fratkin and Jeff Miller have created a truly spectacular winery with a focus on exceptional wines and gracious hospitality. State, national and internationally awarded wines are offered for tasting daily from 11am to 6pm. There is a variety of food available for purchase and beautiful grounds for your enjoyment.
Located above the Tasting Room is a 2,000 square foot Loft that boasts a 30-foot exposed-beam ceiling and panoramic views of the vineyard. The warm cafe lights and aged hardwood floors create the perfect backdrop for special events such as weddings, rehearsal dinners and showers, not to mention corporate retreats and office parties, and can be rented for private parties and group tastings.
Choose the tree covered deck or the sunny brick and slate patio to enjoy a glass of wine or sit inside by the fireplace. Seating is available for picnics, group tastings and private parties. Please call for group rates. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
- 20 and Below Capacity Conference Rooms:
- 21-40 Capacity Conference Rooms:
- 41-75 Capacity Conference Rooms:
- Bus Parking:
- Casual Dress:
- Child Friendly:
- Free Parking:
- Handicapped Accessible:
- Internet Access:
- Pets Welcome:
- Wine and Cheese:
- Addl Info Meeting Planners: We offer an excellent space for corporate and team events, from small private rooms for focused meetings to larger space for facilitated brainstorms, team building or other activities. These events can include a wine tasting, and we also have a variety of partners to enhance the experience, including a chef who leads cooking classes and a corporate consultant to leads team building activities.
- Addl Info Tour Planners: We do offer group wine tastings. We ask that groups over seven (7) please call to make a reservation and prepay for the tasting. Group tastings are $15/person, plus tax and an 18% gratuity.
Join us from 6:30-8:30 pm for our May Trivia Night! Only $5 per person to play, and winning teams get FCW prizes & bragging rights! We will have bonus wine trivia rounds, as well as blind tasting rounds! Those of you in the wine, beer, and cider industry have free admission. Can your winery beat their brewery? Teams can bring their own food;... more