Mint Springs Valley Park
504 land acres, 8 water acres, 2 beach acres. Hours: 7:00am to Dark, all year (6:00am peak fishing times).
p>Park Entrance Fee charged from Memorial Day weekend to Labor day. Seniors (age 62 & older) and disabled persons are eligible for a FREE park pass, Albemarle County Residents only.
- Swimming: Daily 10:00am – 8:30pm (From Memorial Day weekend to Labor day).
- Fishing: Virginia State Fishing License is required. Trout License is also required from Oct. 1 - June 15. An ample supply of sunfish, channel catfish, and largemouth bass are stocked at all lakes.
- Playground: Wheel chair accessible.
- Hiking Trails: Fire Trail 1.8 miles / Elevation change 370 feet. Hollow Trail .5 miles / Elevation change 240 feet. Lake Trail .5 miles / Elevation change 60 feet. Big Survey Trail .8 miles.
- Picnic Shelter 1 with seating capacity 48, electricity, open grills in area.
- Picnic Shelter 2 with seating capacity 24, electricity, open grills. There are also 6 tables and 5 grills scattered through park.
Restrooms are available. Resident rate is $3.00 for adults and $2.00 for children.