Morea Gardens

Morea, located at the end of Sprigg Lane, the main house of Morea was built in 1830 and belonged to John Emmet, first professor of natural history. This home now includes an arboretum planted by the Albemarle Garden Club in 1963. The arboretum exhibits a wonderful collection of hollies and many native plants. The tremendous Kentucky coffee trees and osage orange trees flourished for many years before the arboretum was created around them. A champion linden stands to the east of the house.

Amenities
Amenities
  • Child Friendly: