On May 15, 1894, seven women met at the home of Dr. Garnett in Pavillion III at the University of Virginia and
founded what would become Albemarle Chapter No. 1, United Daughters of
On February 12, 1896, a division of twelve Daughters of the Confederacy chapters was formed, named the "Grand Division" in honor of the Grand Camp of the United Confederate Veterans. The "Grand Division" was also formed at the home of Dr. Garnett.
- Child Friendly:
- Handicapped Accessible:
- Exhibits Space
- Exhibits 1