The Scottsville Confederate Cemetery contains the graves of 41 Confederate soldiers who died in Scottsville hospitals - 1862-63. The cemetery was restored between 1908-1914, and the Scottsville Chapter, United Daughters of the Confederacy, erected the granite obelisk monument and 40 granite markers. In 2001, the Scottsville UDC installed a brass plaque at the cemetery that identifies the names and units of 40 of the 41 deceased soldiers.
The obelisk has inscriptions on three sides:
1- Erected by
the Scottsville Chapter U.D.C. 1914.
2- Our Confederate Dead Who Died in the Hospitals
of Scottsville 1861-1865.
3- In Memory of Col. Henry Gantt, Maj. James C. Hill and
the Officers and
Men of Southern Albemarle County Who Fought Under the Stars and Bars of the