Scottsville Confederate Memorial: During the Civil War, a small hospital was located in the Baptist Church in Scottsville. Information regarding its operation is sparse, but about forty of the soldiers who died there were buried in unmarked graves on a hillside along what is now Route 795. In 1909 an iron fence was erected around the graveyard. Five years later, a monument, an obelisk, about twenty feet high, of rough granite mounted on two rough stone base slabs was installed. New research has identified the previously unknown names of the Confederate Soldiers buried in this cemetery.
- Child Friendly:
- Handicapped Accessible: