The Chapel at the University of Virginia
University Avenue at McCormick Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903
In the late 19th century, community members raised funds to establish a non-denominational church on the University Grounds. The Gothic Revival building was designed by Charles Emmet Cassell of Baltimore, the chapel's cornerstone was laid in 1885, and the chapel was dedicated in 1889. The chapel's carillon was a gift of the Seven Society. The University Chapel no longer holds regular religious services, but weddings and memorial services still take place inside.