The Looking Glass
522 Second Street SE, Charlottesville, VA 22902
Experience art in a completely new way at the first immersive art space in Virginia. Over a dozen local artists have handcrafted a 3,000 square foot enchanted forest full of light, sound, color and hands-on interactive displays that will captivate your imagination and bring out your inner child.
Our one-of-a-kind museum has reopened with limited capacity and increased cleaning protocols. Here is what we are doing to keep you safe and how you can help keep other visitors healthy:
- No more than 10 people will be admitted at a time.
- You must wear a mask and gloves — we will provide you with a pair of clean, cotton gloves for your visit, which you will deposit in a basket in the lobby afterward to be washed. We also have a small supply of disposable masks for anyone who does not have their own.
- You should register for a time slot and pay online before visiting, to reduce touchpoints in our lobby and box office.
- Please keep six feet between your group and other visitors.
- All hard surfaces in the museum, the lobby, the box office and the restrooms are cleaned with disinfectant before opening each day. Doorknobs and bathroom surfaces are wiped down with disinfectant hourly throughout the day, and hard surfaces in the museum are wiped down with disinfectant between each tour group. Hand sanitizer dispensers are available in the bathrooms, in the lobby, and in The Rabbit Hole event space immediately adjacent to The Looking Glass.
Tours are available every other hour on Thursdays from noon to 7pm, Fridays from noon to 8pm, Saturdays from 10am to 8pm, and Sundays from 10am to 6pm. General admission tickets are $15 for adults, $12 for children ages 4 to 13, and free for children 3 and under. Family packs of four tickets are available for $48.
Thursdays and Sundays are pay-what-you-can days.
- 101-300 Capacity Conference Rooms:
- 21-40 Capacity Conference Rooms:
- 41-75 Capacity Conference Rooms:
- 76-100 Capacity Conference Rooms:
- ADA Compliant:
- Bar or Lounge:
- Casual Dress:
- Child Friendly:
- Complimentary WiFi:
- Free Parking:
- Handicapped Accessible:
- Internet Access:
- Live Music:
- Mixed Drinks:
- Outdoor Dining:
- Pets Welcome:
Virginia Green Certified
- Virginia Green Certified: