The Market at Grelen
Local wine, craft beer and cider take center stage at Grelen! Set on a 600-acre tree nursery, The Market at Grelen not only features farm-to-table fare and Virginia libations in it’s casual cafe, but also boasts a european-style garden/gift shop, hiking trails, pick-your-own fruit, tap tastings and picturesque event spaces. Lunch can be enjoyed on the expansive bluestone patio, in the shade garden or in the adorable greenhouse during inclement weather. Grelen's 5-mile free trail system connects to James Madison's Montpelier's 6+ miles. Pick-your-own berries, peaches and apples are available depending on the season and Grelen is gorgeous year round. The place is bursting with flowers in the spring and pyo fruit in the summer. Then you will find pumpkins, cider and free hayrides in the fall and Grelen-made wreaths and gorgeous VA-grown Christmas trees during the holidays. Don’t miss an opportunity to visit for shopping, lunch, a hike and/or wine on the patio! Just a 25-40 minute drive from Charlottesville, an hour from Richmond and 1.5-2 hours from NOVA/D.C, The Market at Grelen is between Barboursville Vineyards and Early Mountain Vineyards and close to the historic towns of Orange and Gordonsville.
OPEN 10-4 Wednesday - Sunday. Cafe is open 11- 2:30 weekdays; 11 - 3:30 on weekends. CLOSED Mon/Tues.
Go to The Market at Grelen Website for up-to-date information, more photos and food/drink menus.
- 101-300 Capacity Conference Rooms:
- 20 and Below Capacity Conference Rooms:
- 21-40 Capacity Conference Rooms:
- 41-75 Capacity Conference Rooms:
- 76-100 Capacity Conference Rooms:
- ADA Compliant:
- Box Lunches:
- Bus Parking:
- Casual Dress:
- Child Friendly:
- Children's Menu:
- Free Parking:
- Handicapped Accessible:
- Live Music:
- Outdoor Dining:
- Pets Welcome:
- Smoke Free Environment:
- Wine and Cheese:
- AAA Rating: Not Applicable
- Addl Info Meeting Planners: We have a variety of spaces to accommodate events. We have a large 4500 sq. foot clear tent on top of a blue stone terrace overlooking our nursery and berry fields. The tent can accommodate up to 300. We also have a wonderful greenhouse that can seat approximately 50+ people. See our websites (www.eventsatgrelen.com and www.themarketatgrelen.com) for pictures and please email email@example.com with questions.
- Addl Info Tour Planners: Our 600-acre tree nursery is contiguous to James Madison's Montpelier and down the road from Barboursville Vineyards. We make a wonderful addition to a historic visit or wine tour. We have a gorgeous 600-acre property and offer a beautiful european-style garden shop, a casual cafe, a wonderful selection of VA beer, cider and wine and free hiking trails. We can cater to small or very large groups and offer gardening lectures, workshops, nursery walking tours, horseback riding tours, beer, cider & wine tasting, appetizers, group breakfasts and luncheons. See website for menus and email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you design the perfect group outing.
- Free Admission: