Information for Visitors
We will continue to serve visitors seven days a week by phone and email. Our two new Mobile Visitor Centers will soon be open full-time Wednesday to Sunday at set locations in Charlottesville and Albemarle County. We’ll keep that daily schedule prominently posted on our website and social media channels so that you can always know where to find us. Should you have questions about where these new vans are located on a given day, please give us a call or shoot us a quick email and we’ll get back to you promptly. We look forward to welcoming you to Charlottesville and Albemarle County!
The Charlottesville Albemarle Convention and Visitors Bureau is closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) and paying close attention to the latest updates from the Virginia Department of Health. Visitors are encouraged to always exercise healthy travel habits when traveling and to follow guidance issued by official sources of public health information.
The following restrictions apply to the entirety of Albemarle County and City of Charlottesville:
- Face coverings are required in all public areas.
- The party size (private bookings) limit for all public and private social gatherings, restaurants, and fitness classes, will increase from 10 to 50 for indoors and from 25 to 100 outdoors.
· There will no longer be a set limit on outdoor public entertainment; instead the new limitation will be 30% of your occupancy or if you do not have a certificate of occupancy limit by calculating the capacity limit by using 40 sq ft/person (~300 people per acre) and keep social distancing as the main limiting factor.
· The recreational sports event occupancy limit for spectators will increase from 25 to 100 for Indoor sports and from 250 to 500 outdoors or 30% of the certificate of occupancy whichever is less.
· Graduations and Commencements must follow requirements found on page 54 of the updated Forward Virginia Guidelines.
This page will be updated as new information is available.
Last updated 4/22/2021 at 10:00AM