Information on COVID-19 for Visitors
The Charlottesville Albemarle Convention and Visitors Bureau is closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19), and consulting with both state and local experts. We are paying particularly close attention to the latest updates from the Virginia Department of Health. Visitors are encouraged to always exercise healthy travel habits when traveling and to follow guidance issued by official sources of public health information. For the latest updates and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
A temporary Stay at Home Order has been issued for the entire Commonwealth of Virginia, an order which will remain in effect until June 10th unless amended or rescinded by further executive order.
Our two visitor centers will remain closed until further notice. We encourage you to call us at (434) 293-6789 with any questions you may have about Charlottesville or Albemarle County. We will respond to your call as soon as we are able, and thank you in advance for your patience.
The University of Virginia's classes have been moved online for the remainder of the semester. Final Exercises (graduation) will not proceed as planned. A dedicated team is now focused on developing a "creative alternative" to the traditional ceremony.
The following Charlottesville & Albemarle County events have been cancelled or postponed:
- Tom Tom Summit & Festival has been rescheduled for September 21-27, 2020. Ticket sales are postponed for now.
- The Public Dedication for the University of Virginia's Memorial to Enslaved Laborers has been postponed.
- All Paramount Theater events for the months of April and May have been cancelled or postponed.
- Most Jefferson Theater events for the month of April have been postponed.
- James Monroe's Highland will remain closed to the public until May 1st.
- Thomas Jefferson's Monticello will remain closed to the public until April 23rd.
- The Foxfield Spring Races have been rescheduled for June 13th.
Many outdoor spaces remain open, though indoor public facilities (such as gyms and pools) have closed.
For timely information regarding temporary hotel closures and discounts, please click here.
For a list of restaurants still offering takeout and delivery services, please click here.
If you are a tourism professional, we encourage you to stay up to date on the Virginia Tourism Corporation's latest guidance and recommendations.
This page will be updated as new information is available.
Last updated 4/1/2020 at 10:00 AM