Contact: Bri Warner FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
434.970.3632 - firstname.lastname@example.org
NOMINATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR THE
charlottesville & ALBEMARLE COUNTY
TOURISM RECOGNITION AWARDS
Winners will be celebrated at the 2013 CACVB Tourism Awards event
taking place during National Tourism Week in May
Charlottesville, March 5, 2014 - The Charlottesville Albemarle Convention & Visitors Bureau is inviting visitors and locals to nominate individuals working in the local tourism industry, for their commitment and excellence. For the third consecutive year, the Charlottesville & Albemarle County Tourism Recognition Awards will be presented during National Tourism Week in May, to recognize outstanding performance and achievements in the hospitality and tourism industry. The Charlottesville Albemarle Convention and Visitors Bureau (CACVB) is proud to be sponsoring this event again this year.
Nominees can be submitted in the following categories:
- - Best Server: Restaurant, Bistro, Café, Lounge or Pub - All server staff including hosts/hostesses, waiters/waitresses and bartenders.
- - Best Chef - All chefs from any dining establishment, regardless of size, are eligible!
- - Best Customer Service: Lodging - Anyone who works the front-line and engages visitors at a resort, hotel, motel or small inn.
- - Best Customer Service: Attractions - Anyone who works the front-line and engages with the public at a local attraction, entertainment or outdoor recreational venue.
- - Best Customer Service: Transportation Services - Anyone who engages the public as a front-line person involved in rail transportation, taxis & limos, car rental agencies, corporate or commercial air carriers.
Voting can be done online at www.visitcharlottesville.org/tourismawards or by picking up a ballot at visitor centers located at the Historic Downtown Mall or the McIntire County Office Building. Ballots will also be included in Sunday, March 9th's edition of the Daily Progress. Deadline for receiving nominations is April 4, 2014.
"Organizations in the tourism and hospitality industry succeed when they provide excellence in customer service," says Kurt Burkhart, Executive Director for the Charlottesville Albemarle Convention and Visitors Bureau, "and this excellence is gauged by the direct contact a person has with someone who is usually on the front-line or who provides direct customer service. That's why we will be taking this opportunity during National Tourism Week to recognize some very special people in our community who have provided a memorable experience for visitors and local patrons."
The 2013 recipients included;
- Audrey Jeffries, Best Server, Fellini's #9
- KarenMarie "Katie" Beasley, Best Customer Service for an Attraction, Charlottesville Parking Center
- Joyce Kaswandik, Best Customer Service for Lodging Accommodations
Guesthouse Reservation Services
- William "Bill" Kerr, Best Customer Service in Transportation, Camryn Executive Transportation and Limousine
- Angela Vangelopoulos, Best Chef, The Ivy Inn Restaurant
- Nina Thacker, Shining Star for Excellence in Public Service
Also being presented at this event will be the Annual Tourism Achievement Award, which began in 1997 and has included The Virginia Film Festival, Susan Allen (Former First Lady of Virginia), Monticello, Montpelier, and the Artisan Center of Virginia as several of the past recipients. In 2013, the Thomas Jefferson Foundation received the Award, for outstanding leadership through regional partnership collaboration that resulted in the creation of the Presidents Passport Program.
Last year's attendees also applauded the New Horizons Award recipient, the Piedmont Council for the Arts for its advocacy and leadership resulting in "Create Charlottesville," the first-ever cultural plan for the Greater Charlottesville region.
About the CACVB
In addition to providing a wealth of information on the area to individual visitors, the CACVB assists tour operators, meeting planners, reunions and other groups to find attractions, restaurants, hotels, and other visitor related businesses. Its mission is "to enhance the economic prosperity of City and County by promoting, selling and marketing the City of Charlottesville and County of Albemarle, as a destination, in pursuit of the meetings and tourism markets."
# # #