Contact: Bri Warner FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
434.970.3632 - email@example.com
NOMINATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR THE
CHARLOTTESVILLE & ALBEMARLE COUNTY
TOURISM RECOGNITION AWARDS
Winners will be celebrated at the 2016 CACVB Tourism Awards event
taking place during National Tourism Week in May
Charlottesville, VA (February 26, 2016) - The Charlottesville Albemarle Convention & Visitors Bureau is inviting visitors and locals to nominate individuals working in the local tourism industry, for their commitment and excellence. For the fifth consecutive year, the Charlottesville & Albemarle County Tourism Recognition Awards will be presented during National Tourism Week in May, to recognize outstanding performance and achievements in the hospitality and tourism industry. The Charlottesville Albemarle Convention and Visitors Bureau (CACVB) is proud to be sponsoring this event again this year.
Nominations can be submitted in the following categories:
- Best Server: Restaurant, Bistro, Café, Lounge or Pub - All server staff including hosts/hostesses, waiters/waitresses and bartenders.
- Best Chef - All chefs from any dining establishment, regardless of size, are eligible!
- Best Customer Service: Lodging - Anyone who works the front-line and engages visitors at a resort, hotel, motel or small inn.
- Best Customer Service: Attractions - Anyone who works the front-line and engages with the public at a local attraction, entertainment or outdoor recreational venue.
- Best Customer Service: Transportation Services - Anyone who engages the public as a front-line person involved in rail transportation, taxis & limos, car rental agencies, corporate or commercial air carriers.
Voting can be done online at www.visitcharlottesville.org/tourismawards or by picking up a nomination application at the visitor information center located at the historic downtown mall, or at Crozet's historic train depot, now the Albemarle Tourism & Adventure Center. Deadline for receiving nominations is April 13, 2016.
"Organizations in the tourism and hospitality industry succeed when they provide excellence in customer service," says Kurt Burkhart, Executive Director for the Charlottesville Albemarle Convention and Visitors Bureau, "and this excellence is gauged by the direct contact a person has with someone who is usually on the front-line or who provides direct customer service. That's why we will be taking this opportunity during National Tourism Week to recognize some very special people in our community who have provided a memorable experience for visitors and local patrons."
The 2015 recipients included;
- Best Server: Restaurant, Bistro, Café, Lounge or Pub - Brielle DuFlon, Mas Tapas
- Best Chef - Harrison Keevil, Brookville Restaurant
- Best Customer Service: Attractions - Marcia DiMassimo, The Glass Palette
- Best Customer Service: Transportation Services - Anna Quillon, Monticello Wine Tour & Coach
- Best Customer Service: Lodging - Hillary Taylor, Stay Charlottesville
Also being presented at this event will be the Annual Tourism Achievement Award, which began in 1997 and has included The Virginia Film Festival, Susan Allen (former First Lady of Virginia), Monticello, Montpelier, and the Artisan Center of Virginia as several of the past recipients. In 2015, Lynn Easton of Easton Events received the Award, for her outstanding contributions to the further development and growth of the local wedding marketplace, by elevating the awareness of Charlottesville & Albemarle County as a world-class wedding destination.
About the Charlottesville Albemarle Convention & Visitors Bureau (CACVB):
In addition to serving as the global resource for marketing the tourism assets of Charlottesville and Albemarle County, Virginia, through www.visitcharlottesville.org, the CACVB assists tour operators, meeting planners, reunions and other groups in planning visits to the destination. CACVB's mission is "to enhance the economic prosperity of City and County by promoting, selling and marketing the City of Charlottesville and County of Albemarle, as a destination, in pursuit of the meetings and tourism markets." CACVB operates the Downtown Visitor Center (610 E Main St) which is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and a second visitor center, the Albemarle Tourism and Adventure Center downtown Crozet (5791 Three Notch'd Rd), as well as a touch-screen kiosk at Monticello's Thomas Jefferson Visitor Center. In addition, the organization manages powerful social media channels; ExperienceCharlottesville on Facebook, @VisitCVille on Twitter, CVilleVA on Pinterest, and @CharlottesvilleVA on Instagram and Vimeo.
# # #