The October 2021 Board Meeting can be downloaded for viewing here:
Charlottesville Albemarle Convention & Visitors Bureau
Board of Directors Meeting
October 25, 2021 – 1:00 p.m.
PRESENT: Elizabeth Cromwell, Chris Engel, Chris Eure, Pam Higgins, Heather Hill, George Hodson, Ann Mallek, Jennifer Mayo, Diantha McKeel, Jeff Richardson, Gary Sandling, Gabe Silver, Nikuyah Walker
ABSENT: Chip Boyles, Roger Johnson
ALSO ATTENDING: Anthony Bessette, Courtney Cacatian, Sara Bishop, Russ Cronberg, Michael Tripi, Bill Obreiter
1. CALL TO ORDER
Vice Chairman Chris Engel called the meeting to order at 1:00 PM.
- Virtual Meeting Preamble and Roll Call: Vice Chairman Chris Engel invited Anthony Bessette to read the Virtual Meeting Preamble and perform the roll call.
- Industry Presentation: Courtney Cacatian introduced Russ Cronberg and Sara Bishop and invited Russ to present. Russ presented about the hotel industry in the Charlottesville/Albemarle area and changes the industry faced due to COVID. Russ and Sara took questions afterwards.
- Consent Agenda: Chris Engel asked for input on the consent agenda. A motion was made to approve the consent agenda, and the consent agenda was approved.
- Amended Operating Agreement: Chris Engel asked for thoughts or questions on the recommended updates for the Operating Agreement. Clarification questions were asked about timeline and whether the County and City attorneys would be involved. With no objections, the Amended Operating Agreement will be forwarded to the Board of Supervisors and City Council for their consideration on a future agenda with review by the attorneys.
- Website Redesign Presentation: Chris Engel turned it over to Courtney Cacatian to introduce Michael Tripi, the creative director from Tempest, CACVB’s new website vendor. Courtney introduced Michael Tripi and invited him to present on the new website. Mike presented the design of the website and took questions afterwards.
- Tourism Metrics and Visitor Tracking – Zartico Presentation: Courtney introduced Bill Obreiter from Zartico and invited him to present. Bill presented on how Zartico uses data to provide a better understanding of how visitors travel to and within a destination. Bill answered questions afterwards.
- Strategic Priorities Overview: Courtney explained that the recommendation to change the Operating Agreement also included KPIs listed in the Operating Agreement. Courtney gave an overview of the findings from the survey the Board took that will be used to inform a Board retreat regarding KPIs in either April or June of 2022.
- Public Comment: Chris Engel invited attendees to use the chat function to sign up to make public comment. There were no sign ups.
Vice Chairman Chris Engel adjourned the meeting at 2:50 PM.