- Dates: July 18, 2018 - July 29, 2018
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: Jefferson School African American Heritage Center
- Address: 233 4th St. NW, Charlottesville, VA 22903
- Time: 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Price: $10-$15
- Website: Click to Visit Black Mac
There's William Shakespeare's Macbeth and then there's ours. BLACK MAC.
We all know the story of Macbeth: the weird sisters, the blood, the insanity, all that good stuff. But why? Why tell this story? BLACK MAC seeks to answer that question. This July, the Charlottesville Players Guild presents a retelling of The Scottish Play seen and told through the eyes of Blackness. This ain’t your “normal” Shakespeare. Join us, the Community, as we share the story of Macbeth just like we always have and always will!
Directed by Ti Ames
Presented by the Jefferson School African American Heritage Center and the Charlottesville Players Guild
July 18-29, 2018
Wednesdays-Saturdays at 8pm
Sundays at 2pm
Located in Charlottesville's historic Jefferson School City Center, the Jefferson School African American Heritage Center features a permanent historical exhibit, a rotating contemporary art gallery, and a robust calendar of events, all of which combine to highlight Charlottesville's African American history and culture of the African diaspora. more