Census 2020: A Question of Citizenship?
- Dates: November 23, 2019
- Location: Alumni Hall at the University of Virginia
- Address: 211 Emmet Street South, Charlottesville, VA 22903
- Phone: (434) 982-4491
- Time: 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Price: Free With RSVP: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/more-than-the-score-census-2020-a-question-of-citizenship-registration-65259041550
- Website: Click to Visit Census 2020: A Question of Citizenship?
Next year’s census has already proven to be one of the most anticipated and controversial constitutionally-grounded headcounts in U.S. history. While the debate around the necessity or legality of the “citizenship” question has fueled much of the discussion in political and social circles alike, what is often overlooked or misunderstood about the census is its relationship to American citizenship – or our responsibilities in participatory government and civic engagement beyond voting. This conversation will engage participants and explore notions of citizenship historically as well as propose a call to action for individuals across the United States of America to be better citizens through service, collective action, and a belief in the power of democratic community. Prior to this event, one question to consider is: What does citizenship mean to you?
With the University as your backdrop, entertain your guests at historic Alumni Hall. Cocktail Receptions • Conferences • Meetings • Dinners • Galas • Banquets • Wedding Receptions The University Alumni Association offers a variety of rooms to meet your event needs. If you would like to tour the facilities, please call us at 434-243-2665 to set up... more