Creature Builder Collective
522 2nd St SE, Charlottesville, VA 22902, Charlottesville, VA 22902
- Presented By: IX Art Park
- Dates: August 7, 2020
- Location: IX Art Park
- Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Each of the five Creature Builder Collective (CBC) camps has a different theme featuring thoughtful projects, guest artists and unique experiences. Tuition is $300 per week (Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm) and includes ample use of premium and professional artistic tools and materials, hands-on artist-led tutorials and guidance in art making techniques PLUS exclusive access to The Looking Glass -- Virginia's first-ever immersive, interactive art gallery. Sign your child up for all five weeks of camp, and get one week FREE!
Camp Dates & Descriptions:
Dragon vs Unicorn (Mon, Jul 6 to Fri, Jul 10) - Explore the lore of these mightiest of mythical creatures through multiple mediums.
Mural of the Story (Mon, Jul 13 to Fri, Jul 17) - Collaborate with your fellow young artists on an animal-packed mural.
Monster Makers (Mon, Jul 20 to Fri, Jul 24) - Build truly horrible and deeply cool monsters in a gruesome, monster-focused sculpture series.
Safari-Cycle (Mon, Aug 3 to Fri, Aug 7) - Construct a lush and lovely jungle from everyday paper, plastic and metal in a collaborative installation workshop.
Install-Ocean (Mon, Aug 10 to Fri, Aug 14) - Dive into creation with the weird and wonderful creatures under the sea.
* Each week's class will host no more than 10 students.
* Each camper will have their own mobile work space to aid social distancing.
* Each camper will also receive a personal art box including pencils, erasers, sculpting tools and any other materials needed for the week. These boxes are theirs to keep and will not be reused.
* Most of the camp will take place outdoors, weather permitting, but there will be some afternoon break time in The Looking Glass, our immersive art museum, each day, and when faced with excessive heat or rain we will have to move indoors into The Rabbit Hole, our indoor event space. In all spaces camp might take place, there is ample room for campers to spread out and maintain social distancing.
* All hard surfaces inside The Looking Glass, the lobby and the bathrooms are cleaned with disinfectant first thing in the morning. Doorknobs and bathroom surfaces are wiped down with disinfectant hourly throughout the day. Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at several places throughout the building.