Dali: The Art of Surrealism and Paris School
- Dates: November 4, 2017 - October 30, 2018
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: Graves International Art
- Address: 306 E Jefferson Street, Charlottesville, VA 22902
- Phone: (434) 202-8087
- Time: 12:00 PM to 4:30 PM
- Price: FREE: Open to the Public
- Website: Click to Visit Dali: The Art of Surrealism and Paris School
The gallery is exhibiting a selection of original handmade prints by the prominent Spanish artist and "Master of Surrealism", Salvador Dali (1904-1989). Though famous for his grand paintings, Dali was also a master print maker executing such artworks till 1980. Mediums include drypoint etching, engraving and stone lithography. Though the Dali print market is flooded with fakes and reproductions, Graves International Art has been selling authentic Dali prints since the 70's and even worked directly with Albert Field, Dali's personal lifelong friend and cataloger of all his prints.
Other examples of original limited edition printmaking exhibited from the Paris School include Pablo Picasso, Joan Miro, Marc Chagall, Le Corbusier, Andre Derain, Jacques Villon, and others.
FREE and open to the public.
Est. 1978, Graves International Art is an international old master - contemporary art gallery selling only original art, hand-made prints and paintings by the world's leading artists. No signed reproductions, only original works of art from the 1500's to the present since 1978. 16th Century Raphael to 20th Roy Lichtenstein. Monday - Saturday 12:00... more