Walk for SARA 2021
335 Greenbrier Drive, Ste 102, Charlottesville, VA 22901
- Presented By: Sexual Assault Resource Agency
- Dates: April 1, 2021 - April 29, 2021
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Thursday
- Location: From Wherever You Are!
- Time: 7:00 AM
Walk for SARA is an annual fundraiser to support the important work that SARA does in our community including lifesaving services for survivors and prevention education. Join us in this virtual walk and peer-to-peer fundraiser.
Get all the details at WalkForSARA.com
Register for the Walk for SARA
You'll get an awesome SARA pint glass, plus a list of our recommended local routes and trails to plan your walk.
Registration proceeds support SARA's lifesaving services and prevention education programs. Want to boost your impact? Here are more ways to support SARA after you register.
How You Can Support SARA
1. Create a Fundraising page and invite friends, family, and colleagues to donate to your page, after you register. You'll get an awesome SARA pint glass, plus a list of our recommended local routes and trails to plan your walk.
2. Create a Team and invite others to walk or run with you (virtually or in person). Youll need to create your individual page first.
3. Donate to an existing team or individual's fundraising page. Support their walk and help them fundraise for SARA's lifesaving services and programs.
4. Make a direct donation to support the Sexual Assault Resource Agency.
Tips for Your Virtual Walk
Register for the Walk for SARA using the link above.
Boost your impact by setting up your own fundraising page. Click the orange "Start Fundraising" button to get started.
Plan your walk, hike, or run. Pick any day to walk any distance. SARA will provide a list of local routes and trails to help you plan.
While you walk, take pictures and check in on social media using the #WalkForSARA2021
Why Walk for SARA?
Imagine a survivor fighting the day-to-day struggles of isolation, employment, family responsibilities, and possibly illness because of the pandemic then also having to cope with the physical, mental, and emotional toll of sexual assault. These double victims experience greater likelihood of depression, terror, hopelessness, and even suicidal ideation.
Thats why COVID-19 hasnt stopped us here at SARA, either. We are evolving and adapting to serve new and emerging needs of survivors during these challenging times. This life-saving work is only possible with you!
The resilience and continuity of SARA's work depends on the generosity of friends like you. Here's how you impact a survivor's life with your gift:
-You ensure there is access to hope through a 24-hour on-call advocate when survivors need one the most, over the phone and still on-sit in critical cases.
-You provide opportunities for survivors to heal through teletherapy when in-person therapy is not possible.
-You enable prevention specialists to train educators, faith communities, and businesses remotely so they can work to prevent sexual violence from happening in the first place.