Winter Farmers Market
522 2nd St SE, Charlottesville, VA 22902, Charlottesville, VA 22902
- Presented By: IX Art Park
- Dates: February 13, 2021
- Location: IX Art Park
- Time: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
HOW TO PICK UP YOUR ORDER:
You can pick up your online order at the vendor's booth, or you can use our new drive-through booth and stay in your vehicle. If you will be picking up at the drive-through, please let vendors know directly at the time of your order.
RULES FOR SAFE SHOPPING:
1. Do not attend the market if you are sick.
2. Keep at least six feet away from others and do not hug, shake hands or touch your face.
3. Wash your hands often, especially after handling items touched by others, touching surfaces, or coughing or sneezing.
4. If you must cough or sneeze, step away from any other person and cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue.
5. Groups of ten or less may sit down and remove masks to eat at the park. Seating is spaced out to help you continue observing social distancing while eating, and we strongly encourage you to wash or sanitize your hands before and after eating.
6. You may bring reusable bags, but to reduce touchpoints, vendors will not handle your bags.
7. Please either order and pre-pay online or pay with a credit card to reduce cash handling. SNAP tickets or tokens will still be accepted!
8. Only one customer may shop a booth at a time. If a line forms, make sure you are keeping six feet of distance between customers.
9. Send just one person for your household to pick up your order.
10. No touching products before purchase. Only vendors can handle products and they will do so with disposable gloves.
In addition to the above rules, vendors have been instructed to sanitize all surfaces of their booth before opening with a germ-fighting disinfectant, to package any prepared foods for takeaway in single-use containers, to wear disposable gloves when handling all products, to operate from their vehicles as much as possible, to reduce touchpoints on point-of-sale devices by turning off signature requirements and letting customers insert or swipe their own cards, and to disinfect screens and card readers between each customer. Vendors are also required to wear masks, but please note sometimes they may be taking a quick breather between customers. If you are walking by a booth and see a vendor without a mask, don't worry; they will put it back on when you approach for your safety!
(Thanks to DJ @herd.ventures for the photo!)