Colonel John Singleton Mosby, nicknamed the "Gray Ghost", was a Conferate cavalry battalion commander whose unit was known as Mosby's Rangers. He was born in Powhatan Countybut moved with his family to Albemarle County when his father, Alfred Daniel Mosby, purchased an 391 acre estate in 1841 now known as Tudor Grove. The senior Mosby sold the property in 1857.
In 1867 the house became the home to former Commisary General of the Confederate Army, General L.B. Northrup.
- Child Friendly:
- Handicapped Accessible:
- Exhibits Space
- Exhibits 1