480 land acres. 45 water acres. 2 beach acres.
Park Entrance Fee charged from Memorial Day weekend to Labor day. Seniors (age 62 & older) and disabled persons are eligible for a FREE park pass, Albemarle County Residents only. Resident rate is $3.00 for adults and $2.00 for children.
Hours: 7:00am to Dark, all year; (6:00am peak fishing times).
- Swimming: Daily 10:00am – 8:30pm (From Memorial Day weekend to Labor day).
- Canoe Rental: From Memorial Day weekend to Labor day.
- Fishing: Virginia State Fishing License is required. An ample supply of sunfish, channel catfish, and largemouth bass are stocked at all lakes.
- Boat Launch: U.S. Coast Guard approved boats & crafts welcome. Gasoline powered motors prohibited. Electric motors are allowed.
- Picnic Shelters, capacity 42, electricity, no grill. 4 tables scattered through park.
- Bike Trails: 13 miles of trails for biking, hiking, or running.
Walnut Creek is also home to one of the east coast's finest disc golf courses. Designed and installed in 2002, the course includes 18 uphill, downhill, open and wooded holes.
Restrooms are available.
- Child Friendly:
- Handicapped Accessible: